Designs, creates and maintains efficient and quality code, tests, implements and documents software application systems and processes. Able to translate requests from the business community into custom designed computer systems. Proficient in the use of a variety of programming languages and software packages used by TJC. Demonstrates technical competence and leadership across a full life cycle of application development from initial requirements to final implementation. Works independently and with teams under general supervision according to established procedures and policies.
The Joint Commission realizes its mission through the work its employees do every day to help health care organizations aspire to provide safer, higher quality care. We are committed to providing products and services that are relevant and to working collaboratively with our fellow employees, health care organizations and other stakeholders. We are seeking a contractor to join our Information Technology department for a short project.
The position supports the Office of Quality and Patient Safety in the Division of Healthcare Improvement through preparation, analysis, and dissemination of division data. Tasks include de-identification of patient level data, maintaining databases, and ensuring that data is valid and reliable. This position will also facilitate the development and preparation of data reports; and analyzes the data necessary to support new initiatives and evaluate existing initiatives. This position also will manage and coordinate projects as needed.
The Engineer provides information on the intent, applicability, and survey of standards in response to inquiries from internal and external customers within specified turnaround times to provide excellent customer service. Provides support in the accreditation review process, as well as participates as a consultant in the development and revision of standards and survey process. Serves as faculty for surveyor and other education programs, and represents the Joint Commission as liaison to various professional organizations. The Engineer serves as a mentor/coach/leader to the Life Safety Code Specialists, and provides additional support to accredited organizations and consultants.
The Nursing Care Center RN - Field Representative, surveys long term nursing care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
The Director of Operations has responsibility for the oversight and management of all business support and operations within JCR. The Director of Operations will execute and manage sales operations, centralized engagement support, corporate customer service and fulfillment, education program support, and corporate and office/facilities support services. Working with other department heads, the Director of Operations will also establish and execute plans to address operational challenges within and across product and service lines and the support departments, ensuring that solutions implemented address root causes and result in efficient and effective solutions that are communicated and implemented across JCR or the Enterprise as appropriate. The Director of Operations will direct and oversee sales operations and will ensure that both Salesforce.com and Financial Force are optimized to meet the needs of the organization. The Director of Operations is also responsible ensuring ongoing development and maintenance of JCR policies and procedures, and JCR’s participation in, maintenance of, and adherence to the Global Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) processes and the Enterprise disaster recovery plan.
The Director of Operations establishes and maintains metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of operational activities. Working with JCR Senior Management, the Director of Operations ensures that project plans are developed for the achievement of annual corporate priorities and evaluates and reports progress of project plans on an on-going basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and implements improvements and enhancements to operational and customer experience processes across the organization. Process improvements will include the elimination of redundancies both on back and front-end work, ensuring consistency in implementation across all product and service lines, and elimination of work-arounds.
- Oversees sales operations including development and implementation of an annual salesforce.com and financial force roadmap designed to optimize sales activities as well as consultant and other client resources. Directs the activities of the sales operations team to prioritize salesforce.com and financial force enhancements and major initiatives and to ensure data governance and optimization.
- Develops and directs the JCR corporate customer service function to provide for consistent development, delivery, and implementation of customer service models and practices across product and service lines, including support areas such as PFA, IT, and Marketing; thus ensuring all customers receive exemplary customer service. Includes oversight of fulfillment and technical support functions. Ensures that all complaints are tracked in JCR’s customer relationship management software (Salesforce) and followed-up in a timely manner. Analyzes patterns and develop action plans to formulate and execute solutions.
- Directs centralized engagement support operations, including scheduling JCR consulting and education field staff across all domestic and international product lines, ensuring optimal utilization of consultant resources services. Engagement support operations also handles all BAA contract development, completion and routing; completion and delivery of all final consultation reports; and consultant administrative support. Ensures that processes are effective, efficient, and cohesive across all consulting service products both domestically and internationally.
- Oversees Corporate Services and Office/Facilities Support Operations functions. Corporate Services includes facilities management, and space planning/utilization functions for the 1515 West 22nd Street office location.
- Oversees centralized education program support services, including centralized meeting planning for all education programs (domestic and international), education registration processing, and all education/meeting logistic services.
- Oversees JCR’s adherence to the Global Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) processes to ensure that any client requests or complaints are addressed, tracked, and reported on per corporate workflows within Salesforce. Ensures annual training to all impacted staff (Central Office and Field).
- Establishes and maintains metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of current operational activities. Develops and executes plans to address operational challenges across product and service lines. Develops and implements operational reporting needs across the organization.
- Performs special projects, as required
Under general supervision of the Field Director, reviews assigned functions in Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Program throughout the United States and in some foreign countries. Provides general evaluation services, education, and consultation consistent with applicable Joint Commission standards, policies, and protocols. Determines the degree of compliance with applicable standards.
- Conducts a thorough and credible evaluation of assigned services that meet laboratory accreditation criteria. Plans, reviews and apportions review time so that all review requirements are addressed thoroughly. Reviews and evaluates pre-survey information; researches, collects, organizes, and interprets information from multiple sources. Interviews physicians and staff to determine level of compliance with standards. Analyzes documents, such as performance data, and use of clinical practice guidelines, to assess the level of compliance with Joint Commission standards, evidence of performance improvement, and quality of care.
- Using established review protocols:
- Analyzes written self-descriptive program information.
- Participates in and/or conducts all required conferences and interviews; analyzes all data submitted by the organization.
- Documents all recommendations, providing adequate indication of non-compliance.
- Submits review findings in a complete and accurate manner to the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Surveyor.
- Interprets and explains the intent of the standards to the organization’s personnel. Consults with the organization during review concerning non-compliance, opportunities for improvement, and remedial action required. Recommends publications and other resources that clarify standards and/or demonstrates compliance with standards.
Surveys healthcare pharmacy programs across the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determines healthcare organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages healthcare organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to healthcare organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
Initiate and coordinate sales, distribution, and promotions for JCR products. Assist with monitoring and meeting revenue and expense objectives for domestic and international sales initiatives and potential translation/licensing agreements. Identify and facilitate special sales and cooperative promotional arrangements. Serve as primary point of contact for all fulfillment activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for various domestic/international sales, distribution, and fulfillment processes, primarily in the form of creating sales quotes, requesting invoices, coordinating re-seller pricing and resolving customer issues/concerns with fulfillment and special sales for sites or systems, accounting and other related tasks.
- Act as central office customer service lead; serve as liaison between all JCR and JCI central office/field staff, fulfillment vendors and customers to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide product knowledge and system/process training as well as develop reference/customer-facing materials for fulfillment vendor and customer service reps as product offerings or technology changes affect customer experience.
- Triage all customer facing calls, emails, chatter requests, mail and orders escalated by both the PBD dedicated customer service reps and customer technical support specialists to maintain customer service excellence while utilizing Salesforce and the Order Management System.
- Facilitating periodical renewal process to ensure that customers are informed in a timely manner about their subscription expirations. Collaborate with Publications team to adjust automated emails, as necessary. Help troubleshoot fulfillment issues, when necessary.
- Ensure timely fulfillment (orders, sales quotes, invoicing) for government entity contractual agreements in collaboration with PFA and TJC in response to contracts, MODs, task orders, etc.
- Manage relationship with Amazon Advantage reseller portal, ensuring timely upload of new products (e.g. images, product details, etc.), manipulation of availability dates and removal of products at the end of their lifecycle.
- Facilitating ongoing eProduct renewal process in collaboration with eProducts PM team. Collaborate with eProducts team to adjust automated emails, as necessary.
- Recommend options on special or large sales opportunities, including system and site sales (e.g., site licenses for periodicals; and cooperative agreements with other health care associations and organizations), when presented. To be decided on and reviewed by product lines.
- Analyze and report monthly on fulfillment/customer service satisfaction results.
- Coordinate obsolete/destruction process in coordination with PFA, publications department and PBD. Responsible for the communication of obsolete items in a timely basis with individual US resellers, within the terms of individual agreements.
- In conjunction with JCR Finance, create quarterly sales reports for distribution to JCR and JCI management and managing directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Associate Product Manager is a key individual between Domestic Online Education and JCR’s internal and external stakeholders. The Associate Product Manager is primarily responsible for assisting JCR sales and marketing team in demonstrations of JCR webinar/video educational product lines, proactively managing sales leads and opportunities, helping convert leads to opportunities and opportunities to close win. The Associate Product Manager is the point of contact for sales, client request for proposals, marketing, trade shows (also including related JCR conference paid exhibitor management), account management, order fulfillment and product inquiries such as product functions and pricing. The individual fully understands product life cycle concepts and development processes to be able to articulate product status and roadmap to various stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Support of Sales and Marketing
- Provides product demonstrations, online as well as in person, to potential customers. Represents Domestic Online Education with excellent communication and presentation skills to customers to win sales opportunities.
- Attends JCR and industry trade shows to represent JCR products to attendees and solicit customer needs and report back to the internal stakeholders.
- Communicates with Product Managers to develop appropriate content for sales presentations by reviewing specific client needs.
- Assists JCR sales team in large client sales process from developing proposal to providing sales demos, articulating product value, responding to customer inquiries regarding product functions, JCR services or pricing.
- Provides market and customer feedback to internal product and marketing teams.
- Utilizes problem solving skills to identify issues and escalates sales /operational challenges during sales process.
- Sales Pipeline Tracking and Reporting
- Monitors, tracks, updates and reports Domestic Online Education sales activities, volumes, cold and hot leads, opportunities and pipeline.
- Works with CRM (Salesforce.com) team to ensure accounts are accurately reflected, properly tracked and reported. Assists with sales dashboards being developed.
- Measures sales performance including but not limited to lead to opportunity conversion ratio, opportunity win and loss ratio, average opportunity close days. Helps senior leadership team make sales and revenue forecast.
- Assists order fulfillment for large health systems and ensures successful and appropriate sales to training transition.
- Transactional Sales Tracking and Reporting
- Monitors, tracks, updates and reports Domestic Online Education transactional sales activities and volumes from internal Order Management System (OMS) on a regular basis.
- Ensures that OMS sales quotes funnel is clean and accurate.
- Ensures client contact information (license owner and purchaser) information is always up-to-date in OMS.
- Collaborates with sales and account management team to ensure highest customer service for new opportunities or renewals.
- Tracks and verifies customer retention and renewal rate.
- Product Delivery Management
- Works with learning management system team to support and manage content updates.
- If needed, assists with support of and follow-up with customers during/after “live” webinar/video delivery.
- JCR Conference Paid Exhibitor Management
- Manages portfolio of (estimated) 65 paying vendor exhibitors to 12 JCR conferences
- Perform marketing communications as needed to inform, register and confirm exhibitors
- Ensure confirmed exhibitor payments are received by A/R and revenue targets met
- Assist with coordinating event logistics and onsite management
The Surveyor Hospital MD surveys health care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
Nationwide Search - Incumbent will work remotely anywhere in the United States
Currently seeking Acute Care Registred Nurse with Leadership experience.
The RN Field Representative surveys health care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
Nationwide Search - Incumbent will work remotely anywhere in the United States
The Disease Specific Care, Stroke Reviewer is responsible for reviewing the following certification programs: Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals, Primary Stroke Centers and Comprehensive Stroke Centers. The expectation is that reviewers will provide our partner organizations with educational and inspirational reviews. Joint Commission Certified Centers will provide evidence-based care to their stroke patients and continually monitor their performance.
The Paralegal is responsible for general legal support to the Enterprise Legal Department and to The Joint Commission and its affiliates. Duties include interaction with business clients at all levels of management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides both secreterial/administrative support to General Counsel and legal assistance to corporate attorneys.
2. May prepare procedural documentation for general legal matters including but not limited to compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, regulatory matters, risk management asset-backed financing and contract management.
3. May prepare procedural documentation for patent filings and applications, as required.
4. Assists attorney(s) with the drafting and editing of legal documentation.
5. Maintains a tracking system to comply with trademark regulations; also tracks in-house research studies and may recommend need for and timing of patent filings.
6. May assist with determining the necessity and approach to contracts, ensuring protection of the company’s proprietary technology.
7. May work on tracking and paying legal fees.
8. Requires paralegal certification in the United States.
Manager leads meeting support team with a focus on customer service and ensuring operational efficiencies. Manager is responsible for training new hires on Assure Resource Scheduler software. Leads team in addressing technology issues and training on equipment for internal and external customers. Responsible for the monitoring of daily meetings and audio visual needs. This position is responsible for creating and supporting policies and procedures related to audio visual services and meeting room set ups.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and participates in daily accurate and timely setup, operation, and break down of meeting rooms and audio visual equipment.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and manages direct reports.
- Develops, implements and monitors policies, processes and procedures for the management and support of internal and external customers in meeting room utilization and third party use of space.
- Executes all aspects of videoconference support including call set up, end user training, troubleshooting, and follow through on escalation issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in all meeting rooms and resolve issues as they arise.
- Management and point of contact for audio visual and meeting software vendors.
- Provides monthly report containing room usage data, equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Provide technical audio visual support to staff when required.
- Encourages direct reports to attend vendor sponsored learning events as well as learning events held at The Joint Commission.
- Along with direct reports monitors all events throughout the day, including inventory of meeting room supplies, furnishings and clocks.
- Provides excellent customer service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of customers.
Assists the DC Office leadership to advance The Joint Commission’s government relations agenda by; 1) establishing and maintaining relationships with federal policymakers and influencers; 2) helping to ensure that public policymakers understand and appreciate The Joint Commission’s contribution to national quality and safe health care; 3) identifying opportunities to add new, or improve upon existing, partnerships with federal agencies; 4) keeping central office staff informed about policy development that affects Joint Commission programs; and 4) helping to implement the Joint Commission’s advocacy agenda.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Director works under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Federal Relations.
- Assists in developing and implementing short and long-term public policy goals that promote the Joint Commission’s mission, particularly in Congress and the Executive Branch, but also with national influencers. Helps formulate the Joint Commission’s annual federal relations agenda and assists with its effective implementation.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with Congressional and Administration staff and others who are key to The Joint Commission’s successful partnerships for advancing quality and safety nationally. Using these relationships, focuses on issues that are important to The Joint Commission, and helps promote awareness and appreciation of the Joint Commission’s activities and role in ensuring high quality health care.
- Develops agenda and content for meetings with federal officials and legislative staff members, and coordinates participation in these meetings with other Joint Commission representatives.
- Analyzes proposed regulations, legislation, and executive branch policy guidance for their effects on Joint Commission programs and mission. As necessary, prepares amendments and comments to these proposals, and organizes meetings with pertinent government staff to discuss Joint Commission positions.
- Becomes expert in a portfolio of assigned policy issues and keeps abreast of changes. Prepares documents as necessary to inform other Joint Commission staff on these issues. Leads internal discussions on these areas as appropriate.
- As directed, serves as a liaison between the Joint Commission and Washington- based health care organizations, and with other organizations having significant national or regional reach in the areas of quality and safety. Examples of such organizations include the National Quality Forum, the Institute of Medicine and the Government Accountability Office. Follows the progress, and stays apprised of developments of such national organizations as relevant to The Joint Commission’s work.
- Serves as a liaison and resource to federal executive agencies and the Congress. Examples of federal agencies include the CDC, FDA, CMS, HRSA. AHRQ, the IHS, the DoD, and the VA.
- Identifies and suggests new opportunities for The Joint Commission to improve upon existing public partnerships or to enter into new collaborations to enhance the reach of The Joint Commission’s mission.
- Helps keep Joint Commission officers and staff routinely apprised of Washington Office activities. Prepares reports on views of executive and legislative branch officials that address Joint Commission activities. Assists the Executive Director of Federal Relations in preparing routine reports to Joint Commission leadership on federal relations activities and issues; and assists with the development of quarterly reports for the Board of Commissioners.
- As requested, prepares and delivers presentations to internal Joint Commission audiences and to external groups. As appropriate, represents The Joint Commission at national meetings.
The JCI Journey Clinical Project Lead will support the Project Director create and deliver the JCI Journey Evaluate project. The JCI Journey is a road map which describes the quality journey organizations take as they transform from an organization where patient harm occurs on a daily basis to an organization where there is zero patient harm. The Journey’ primary focus will be on international hospitals that are either not JCI accreditable or is not interested in JCI accreditation.
The Clinical Project Lead will lead and manage the Journey’s Evaluate clinical content creation, which includes the Journey’s quality and patient safety evaluation framework, assessment questions, the assessment logic/algorithm and analysis of data captured from the hospitals. This will be done via working closely with internal project teams and relevant SMEs.
In addition, the Clinical Project Lead will participate in continuous testing and refinement of the assessment tool through working with international hospitals across all range of the quality spectrum.
Finally, the Clinical Project Lead will support the Project Director to achieve key milestones in a timely manner and collaborate with Marketing and Finance to develop the value proposition, business model and promotional materials for the JCI Journey.
- Working with the Project Director and in collaboration with subject matter experts, develop, refine and deliver the JCI Journey assessment framework, questions and assessment logic/algorithm. Collaborates with stakeholder to identify and key professionals for subject matter expert panels. Supports communication and Journey framework interpretation to internal, customer, advisory, or stakeholder groups (both internal and external). May serve as the point of contact.
- Support the development of the assessment methodology/tool that will enable JCI to place all hospitals on the JCI Journey. Participate in all product testing and/or pilots (with international hospitals) to ensure the accuracy, validity and reliability of the JCI Journey’s assessment methodology.
- Manage and operationalize the assessment process, including the distribution of questions/surveys, review of results and sharing of reports to hospitals/clients.
- Analyze data captured from the Journey assessment tool to identify relationship and inferences that will enable efficiency in assessment questions and drive quality and patient safety improvements.
- Perform the necessary comparative analysis and/or benchmarking between JCI Journey’s offerings and competing organizations. Competing organizations may include national and international accreditation and certification systems such as Accreditation Canada International, Australian Council of Healthcare Standards International (ACHSI), ISO certification.
- Serve as the internal point of contact for questions or interpretation on the Journey quality and patient safety framework. This includes working with Educate and Enable project teams to co-develop content necessary for the Journey
- Support the Project Director to develop the business model and value proposition for the “JCI Journey”.
- Working with the Project Director and IT, key internal stakeholders and subject matter experts, support the development ofa comprehensive and robust IT / information capture system which will facilitate data collection from hospitals seeking to understand their position on the “JCI Journey”. The system should allow JCI to use the data to continuously refine the evaluation tool and also enable JCI to derive and potentially publish insights based on analysis of the data that is collected.
- Support the Project Director in developing Project Management timelines for the project and maintains the project plan. Tracks progress of project components and regularly communicates/reports status to the project leader.
- Participate on project meetings, work teams, interdepartmental projects and other performance improvement activities as needed; promote cooperation, flexibility, and teamwork among JCR staff.Adopts and actively applies Lean Six Sigma and Change Management skills and techniques for process improvement.
- Responsible for project communication including notes and minutes.Assists in the preparation of memoranda, position papers, other project-related communication, presentations and ad hoc reports as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The VP of International Accreditation, Quality Improvement, and Patient Safety is responsible for developing and leading the overall strategic direction of the international accreditation and certification programs, providing direction for the development and interpretation of international standards, and in increasing JCIA market share, profitability, and customer satisfaction. Directs and manages all strategic and operational activities associated with international accreditation and certification programs. A key member of the JCR Officer Group and Management Team and serves as a member of the Enterprise Officer Group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes both short- and long-term plans for the International Accreditation product line to expand and/or focus the portfolio of products for long-term growth and sustainability.
- Provides oversight and direction in the periodic update of all international standards, the creation of new international standards, and the use of external and internal committees and councils that contribute to the creation and maintenance of international standards.
- Responsible for leading efforts to enhance and improve the international accreditation process. This includes incorporating new approaches and technology advances to ensure the relevance of our product and improve the value to the customer.
- Provides oversight and technical knowledge for all the international accreditation and certification programs, including the development of position papers and reports for the JCR Board. Drafts position papers, memoranda and reports for the JCR Board and its various committees in the development of accreditation operational policies.
- Leads, inspires, coaches, and develops direct reports and creates an environment that engages all staff.
- Responsible for overall JCIA operations, which includes planning and directing the allocation of resources, meeting annual revenue and expense targets, and ensuring effective operation of all functions in the division.
- Collaborates with experts and key leaders across the TJC enterprise to leverage clinical and operations expertise in the development of standards, patient quality & safety, and best practices in accreditation.
- Understands healthcare technology trends and risks; identifies opportunities to enhance products and services through innovative technology enhancements.
- Identifies and pursues growth opportunities, new business, partnerships and collaborations that support JCR’s mission and strategies. Monitors key healthcare trends to identify potential new accreditation products and new markets.
- Collaborates with the JCI international offices to ensure a consistent and appropriate flow of information and support. This typically relates to relationships with Ministries of Health and national accreditation agencies.
- Provides ongoing management and support for the JCI China Accreditation WFOE. Assures that the WFOE is operating in accordance with JCI expectations and local Chinese law and regulation.
Identifies, develops, and converts new customer opportunities for ambulatory care accreditation and optional certifications (Primary Care Medical Home and Orthopedic Certification). Target customers include both hospital-affiliated and freestanding ambulatory organizations, government agencies, hospital systems and ambulatory corporate and consultant influencers. The Business Development Manager independently manages a territory and/or market segment as assigned, including government agency or system customers and prospects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Executive Associate Director, initiates contact and follow-up with government agencies, prospects, and corporate customers not yet accredited by the Joint Commission. Uses customer relationship management database, SalesForce, to document activities and demonstrate results in closing initial accreditation prospect sales. Also, works with all existing customers to strengthen relationship and encourage use of certification add-on options, or other value-add accreditation services.
- Arranges, plans, and conducts prospective customer development meetings and sales presentations by telephone and in-person.
- Prepares and arranges for Joint Commission leadership presentations that deliver key value messages about accreditation/certification to potential customers and influencers. Coordinates these meetings as appropriate with Joint Commission’s leadership and sales teams from other accreditation and certification programs.
- Collaboratively works with other Joint Commission departments and staff to respond to prospect/customer inquiries and needs as part of the sales or retention cycles. Provides quarterly updates of AHC initial application trends and weekly reviews of current and deferred prospects.
- Leads and/or participates in regional and/or national BD and marketing campaigns to achieve new customer results, collaborating with segment marketing manager, market research department, state/external relations, and other central office departments as appropriate.
- Assists Ambulatory SBU in researching and identifying emerging accreditation opportunities as driven by Federal and State government influencers, private corporate activity or payors.
- Participates in AHC Strategic Business Unit and other internal work groups as requested, and contributes to SBU environmental assessment and strategic business plans.
- Represents The Joint Commission at meetings, conferences and tradeshows to generate new customer opportunities for AHC accreditation and optional certifications.
Plans and implements the logistics for face-to-face and conference call meetings, which could include those of the Joint Commission and Center for Transforming Health Care Boards and their Committees, Work Groups, and Advisory Groups, as well as strategic forums and field staff education events if and as assigned. Communicates professionally and effectively with Board members, Corporate Member staff, advisory group and expert panel members, and Joint Commission staff and their assistants regarding meeting plans. Manages and maintains information to support timely and efficient meetings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for logistics to assigned groups and functions, which could include Board and Board Committee, advisory group, forums, technical advisory panels, and field education staff meetings and calls annually, as well as additional functions including orientation sessions, staff briefings, and dinners accompanying meeting events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to tracking meeting attendance and providing rooming lists to hotels, arranging for hotel shuttles and ground transportation, and setting up and breaking down meeting room set up.
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal vendors in support of successful meetings and events, including in-house catering, meeting support personnel, and security.
- Schedule and reschedule meetings, as necessary, to accommodate changing schedules. Create and distribute Meeting Notifications for all meetings approximately four weeks prior to meetings and track attendance for external and internal meeting participants. Identify and communicate to department leadership any potential issues with meeting quorum.
- Create systems and processes following department Standard Operating Procedures to efficiently plan and implement these meetings and functions.
- Serve as a point of contact in relation to Board, Committee, Advisory Group, forum, and field staff education activities for all Board members, meeting participants, their assistants, Corporate Member staff, Officers, and all staff and their assistants. Provide them with reliable and timely information regarding meetings and assist with special needs.
- Coordinate and track budgeting aspects of meetings and meeting planning, in collaboration with the Meeting Manager. Enter data in to budget tracking document. Identify budget variances and their causes.
- Foster and maintain relationships with external vendors including hotels, limousine services, conference call vendors, and restaurants, to provide for the best service and value for that service possible.
- Maintain a database of key professional organization contacts for department use in its communication initiatives.
- Create electronic registration sites and post-event surveys for distribution to meeting invitees and attendees.