The Compensation Analyst II position will assist with the administration of TJC and JCR Compensation programs. This position will respond to inquiries, resolve problem situations regarding various compensation requests, policies and procedures; provides advice to employees, supervisors and directors regarding compensation related matters. Prepares compensation analysis and information for Payroll and HR Team. Provides compensation guidance to employees and managers at all levels of the organization. Participates in market pricing and the salary planning and survey process. Maintains related files and reports. Responds to requests for confidential information and answers questions about compensation policy and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of compensation issues including the setting of appropriate grade levels and base pay, etc. as needed. Review proposed salary adjustments with respect to market analysis and established guidelines.
- Conduct ad-hoc market analysis, job evaluation, and provide analysis and reports as requested by the business for organization review, promotional or salary adjustment recommendations based upon internal and external equity review.
- Completes annual salary survey submissions, conduct custom surveys and prevailing wage reports as needed.
- Conduct annual market benchmarking data collection, review and analysis in preparation for the salary planning process and structural review with corporate.
- Assist internal clients with respect to the annual salary planning process, ongoing compensation needs including day-to-day policy and process questions and new hire/transfer/promotion review.
- Ensure compensation data accuracy and compliance with FLSA and other state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provides administrative support on compensation projects
The account executive serves as the key primary contact between the organizations and The Joint Commission. The account executive develops and manages the important relationship with organizations, coordinates survey planning, and handles policy, procedure, and accreditation/certification issues and services. The account executive acts as the key resource for inquiries throughout the accreditation/certification cycle in addition to providing coaching and education to the organizations.
The account executive will process applications, set agendas, and processes reports including on-site survey event reports, and follow-up reports including evidence of standards compliance (ESC) reports. The account executive will work with a lead account executive regarding policy determinations relative to the inclusion of services and the scope of survey, application of cooperative agreements, ownership changes, and the extension survey policy requirement. The account executive acquires a basic knowledge of the Joint Commission standards. The account executive consults with senior and lead account executives and other Joint Commission staff who have expertise needed to serve their customers (e.g., standards interpretation group, information technology, government relations, business development, etc.).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following responsibilities apply only if assigned to a Strategic Business Unit (SBU): Actively contributes to the successful achievement of SBU performance objectives through effective SBU team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
- Application Processing: Processes applications for survey for organizations in an assigned specialty group. Interprets data submitted by a customer to ensure that an appropriate survey can be performed for all services and sites of care. Prioritizes and processes applications based on resurvey dates and initial customer preferences. Communicates with resurvey customers to ensure applications are received within acceptable timeframes for processing and scheduling. If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher level account representative within the teams.
- Agenda Setting: Most accreditation/certification programs use template-driven agendas that may undergo customization. It is the responsibility of the account executive to post the appropriate template agenda(s) to the customer’s extranet site within the required timeframe. If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
- Survey Report Processing: Processes survey reports for all customers in assigned specialty group. When the account executive identifies an organization with a potential adverse outcome, the account executive refers the report to the manager of the Adverse Team. The account executive processes on-site survey event reports, follow-up reports including evidence of standards compliance (ESC) , within the required timeframes. If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
- Correspondence: Responds to customer correspondence regarding event planning, complaints, mergers, acquisitions, site changes and other activities associated with the accreditation/certification process within the required timeframes. The account executive consults with a higher level account executive, manager, or other senior leadership in preparation of an appropriate response when needed.
- Ongoing Monitoring of Accreditation/Certification Related Activities: Maintains customer lists and tracks planned activities and required submissions. Communicates with customers to ensure intercycle and follow-up events are received within acceptable timeframes for processing. Should any discrepancies be identified, the account executive works with a higher level account executive and other staff and departments to resolve the issue.
- Maintain a High Level of Customer Satisfaction: Maintains a successful level of responsiveness, serves as a knowledgeable resource of information or liaison, and conducts oneself in a manner that exemplifies respectfulness to all customers, internal and external. If assistance is needed in meeting customer service expectations, questions are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
- Attend Ongoing Training for Job Responsibilities: Participates in ongoing training that is designed to develop the skills of the service team staff (at all levels) in order to carry out the assigned job responsibilities. Actively pursues training that consists of, but is not limited to, attendance at staff meeting and brown bag presentations, familiarity with standard operating procedures, participation in special topical training sessions, and usage of available on-line resources with a goal of ensuring responses and results that are accurate and consistent with staff as a whole.
- Meet Dashboard Turn Around Time Requirements: Process applications, survey reports, correspondence and monitors other accreditation/certification related activities within the required timeframes. If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
Under general direction from CIO, accountable, direct, and oversee strategic business engagement function focusing on creating and sustaining strong business partnership in advancing business success. Responsibility includes participating in business strategic planning, identifying strategic and transformational business projects and enhancements, establishing business requirements and engaging in technical solutioning, managing business project life cycle and business expectations for both technical, timeline, and financial deliverables. Lead Package Solutions team in day to day operations and achieve high customer satisfaction, as well as related long-term direction and strategy in pace with business requirements. Ensure that business technology aligns with the strategic objectives and long term needs of the business.
The Joint Commission realizes its mission through the work its employees do every day to help health care organizations aspire to provide safer, higher quality care. We are committed to providing products and services that are relevant and to working collaboratively with our fellow employees, health care organizations, and other stakeholders. We are seeking an Intern to join our Department of Research this summer.
Our summer internship provides you with an opportunity to:
- Participate in health services, patient safety and/or quality improvement research activities
- Grow your understanding of the different roles available in your profession by experiencing the research activities of a national accrediting organization.
- Meet a variety of people from a wide range of health care disciplines, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future.
The position is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of communications strategies on behalf of the Joint Commission Enterprises and overseeing the work of public and media relations and social media teams along with contractors and other outside collaborations. This person will also work on high-level internal communication projects. The individual hired for this position will report to the Director of Corporate Communications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven position will oversee the smooth implementation and delivery of all Enterprise communications, public relations and social media each targeting a wide scope of key stakeholders (including customers, regulatory agencies, policy makers, the media, researchers, stakeholders, and the general public). The position will work closely with the director of corporate communications and in collaboration with staff across the organization, including Joint Commission Resources, Joint Commission International and The Center for Transforming Healthcare.
- Serves as the point person for communications activities with outside organizations.
- Assures that the communication needs of the Center, JCR and JCI are being met at the needed levels and in a timely manner.
- Works with marketing staff throughout the organization to assure that marketing and communications work is integrated.
- Assists in positioning TJC as a quality improvement and patient safety company.
- Serves on the communications team for c-suite, physician and nursing engagement programs.
- Assures that all communication plans with c-suite, physician and nursing leadership are strategic in focus, carried out on a timely basis and evaluated for success.
- Serves as the marketing and communication liaison for the Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare, assuring that each area is supported in promotion, strategy and analysis---reporting back to the leads of each group on a regular basis.
- Works closely with outside PR firm, when applicable, to assure implementation of PR strategies are successful.
- Creates and implements new communications strategies for the Enterprise.
- Measures and reports communication plan activity.
- Supervises the communications manager, media specialist and communications/social media specialist.
- Serves as the team lead in media situations assuring that the development of press materials are timely and strategic for all enterprise entities.
- Maintains relationships, in conjunction with the media team, with the press to ensure accurate, timely coverage of our work.
- Develops a wide range of communications materials such as talking points, news releases, advocacy resources, multimedia content and more.
- Consistently evaluates communication and marketing materials to assure timeliness and applicability. Creates new materials and sunsets other materials based on this evaluation.
- Leads the efforts for the intranet and other key internal communication items.
The Senior Implementation Specialist is responsible for conducting consultative training of JCR software products and for assisting small to medium health system customers or individual sites. The position will play an intricate role in the long-term success of our clients and utilization of our E-Product Solutions including ECM plus and CMS Access. This position plans and delivers face-to-face training on site and live webinar trainings to customers and as needed for product promotions. They also work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and sometimes as a narrator/presenter on developing and updating online education offerings. They apply project management skills to track education and implementation and work with the E-Products team to deliver plans of action to address utilization challenges or education gaps. Delivers services to healthcare organizations to achieve optimized ROI on the JCR suite of software and enables organizations to continuously monitor regulatory standards and achieve high quality patient care, safety and corporate compliance objectives.
The IT Security Analyst III will be responsible for: leading and managing Security, Identity and Access Management solutions; identifying security risks, developing general security standards; and ensuring compliance with requirements of external security audits & recommendations.
Nationwide Search - Incumbent will work remotely anywhere in the United States
The Ambulatory Care Surveyor - RN surveys ambulatory organizations throughout the United States within the full scope of the Joint Commission’s Ambulatory Programs. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style that leads to a meaningful and inspirational customer experience. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
The Project Director manages quantitative research projects to support Department of Research initiatives. The individual in this position will conduct correlational and quasi-experimental research studies, often taking advantage of secondary data sets. Additional research projects may include development, administration and analysis of surveys/questionnaires. Research will utilize internal and external data sources, and the Project Director will draft technical sections of proposals and reports, compile and analyze the results of research, produce and interpret tables and graphs, and will be expected to creatively present and explain the results of data analyses – often to non-technical audiences.
- Manage quantitative research projects and direct database-related research methodologies including data modeling, application/system integration, reporting and data visualization.
- Contribute to the development of designs, methodologies, analytical plans, and data collection instruments for assigned projects. Write approaches and strategies for the analysis of quality measurement and research data that can be clearly understood by both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Direct the analysis of quantitative datasets, including cleaning and merging, creating variables, descriptive analysis, and multivariate regression and other analysis models.
- Produce and interpret tables, graphs and other creative ways to present and explain the results of research.
- Examine and verify the work completed by internal staff and external contractors (when appropriate) including: evaluating data collection tools and verifying the implementation of statistical programs; evaluating database quality and the accuracy of analyses, reports and interpretation of results; resolving discrepancies between expected and actual results; and providing technical or statistical support to internal or contracted staff.
Nationwide Search – Physician – Oncology with Acute care experience
Physician will work remotely anywhere in the United States
Are you a physician practicing Oncology in the acute care setting?
- The Hospital Physician Surveyor surveys health care organizations throughout the United States.
- Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems.
- Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance.
- Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points.
- Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style.
- Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
The Associate Director, JCI Learning and Development leads the development of innovative approaches to learning and education of JCI Field Staff that enhances their education, ongoing development, and performance. Working with the Director, Surveyor Management and Development, Director of Consultant Development, Field Directors, and other staff, the Associate Director plans, organizes, and manages all international surveyor field staff educational activities, including new surveyor orientation and ongoing surveyor development activities, and uses data to identify opportunities for improvement.
The Hospital MD – Psychiatrist Field Representative surveys health care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
Manages assigned projects related to the research needed in the development and evaluation of accreditation and certification standards and survey methods. Conducts scientific literature searches and reviews. Develops surveys and analyses the survey data. Serves on internal work groups within the department and/or across the organization. The Research Associate position requires the candidate to wear multiple hats and play multiple roles in a team oriented environment, and can include technical development, research, synthesis of data (qualitative and quantitative) as well as writer/scribe.
The Surveyor Hospital MD surveys health care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
Nationwide Search - Incumbent will work remotely anywhere in the United States
The Ambulatory Care Surveyor- MD Radiologist surveys ambulatory organizations throughout the United States within the full scope of the Joint Commission’s Ambulatory Programs. Additionally, this position brings particular expertise to customers providing imaging services in general and those seeking Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Certification in particular. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine ambulatory and imaging centers' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style that leads to a meaningful and inspirational customer experience. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
Nationwide Search - Incumbent will work remotely anywhere in the United States
Life Safety Code Surveyors review assigned functions in Environment of Care throughout the United States.
Provides general evaluation services, education, and consultation consistent with applicable Joint Commission standards, policies, and protocols.
Determines the degree of compliance with applicable standards, specifically NFPA101 Life Safety Code.
Assist the Executive Director in managing overall business strategy and planning, achieving sales goals and retention targets, product positioning with customers and key stakeholders, and day-to-day marketing operations related to the Center’s high reliability product line. Responsible for planning, directing and supervising activities related to market research including Voice of the Customer and product development research; competitive intelligence; strategic marketing planning and budgeting; social media and web-based strategies and implementation; and promotional planning/writing/graphic design and production processes to maximize internal and external awareness of and revenues for the Center’s products/services. Also assists with the strategic planning process and initiatives for the Center including identification of and research into new market segments, product line positioning, roll-out planning and coordination with other departments, and assistance with the development, execution and evaluation of strategic planning goals and strategies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement integrated strategic marketing plans to support new customer and sales targets. Support the Executive Director in the setting and achieving of sales goals, strategic planning metrics, and market share objectives.
- In partnership with Center leaders, develop and implement strategies to strengthen the Center’s brand.
- In partnership with Center leaders, develop and implement strategic campaigns that drive customer acquisition, retention, and overall brand loyalty. Collaborate with the Executive Director on setting appropriate acquisition and retention targets.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, plan, direct, monitor and coordinate all marketing and sales messaging activities for the Center’s high reliability product line, including advertising, direct mail campaigns, conference materials, website and social media marketing, telemarketing, and special events including briefings, meetings and receptions, to ensure alignment with market positioning and strategy and to optimize financial and strategic performance in accordance with Center goals. Develop strategies, messaging and tactical plans that effectively target potential and/or current customers and key stakeholders driving high reliability decisions towards the Center. Revise marketing strategies and plans as needed to ensure that budget objectives are achieved.
- Monitor and analyze the Center’s acquisition and retention activities and use marketing strategies to support program objectives. Assist in cultivating key industry partnerships to create thought leadership opportunities with high-level contacts for Center staff and leaders. Assist Center leaders in developing presentations and messaging specific to key market segments and identified targets to maximize product/service impact.
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of market research activities. Define overall project needs, scope, budget and priorities. Identify current market needs/drivers, future market trends, product enhancement opportunities, and pathways to improve customer acquisition as well as contribute to strategic planning direction. Work in tandem with Market Research resources and external consultants to prepare surveys, analyze results and determine actionable takeaways to improve growth and retention.
- Assist in the strategic planning and budgeting processes. Perform business, competitor and economic/sales analyses as needed to examine potential for new products or new market segments or improve existing ones. Direct market research to gather feedback on viability of potential projects and potential product position and development requirements. Recommend pricing strategies and positioning by analyzing current environment, market trends and drivers, identifying market opportunities and challenges and developing courses of action to take advantage of identified opportunities.
- Manage the planning and implementation of conference and sponsorship activities for the Center’s promotion, sales and overall positioning.
- Serve as the Center’s program representative and sell/promote the Center’s high reliability thought leadership, products and services at professional conferences, national or state meetings, educational events and other external opportunities to meet with potential and current customers or stakeholders. Prepare and deliver presentations as needed.
- Manage Center strategies for ad hoc support to expand marketing and sales resources. Interview, hire, manage, develop and evaluate interns. Supervise and manage temporary employees and the project activities of contractors and vendors including staffing firms, market research suppliers, social media/search engine optimization suppliers, film/video contractors, and other vendors used to support marketing and sales activities.
- Manage assigned staff and departmental resources as needed. Set performance expectations and monitor performance against established goals. Coordinate with other Center and enterprise resources as necessary to achieve Center goals.
- Lead and support the cross functional team meetings as needed. Actively contribute to the successful achievement of Center performance objectives through effective stakeholder involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
- Develop, analyze and monitor the marketing budget. Manage all invoices and billing in a timely manner and report budget status and any variances to the Executive Director on a monthly basis. Assist Executive Director in the development and management of the travel budget.
- Provide input into the development of Center products and services. Ensure linkage to other related products and services within the Joint Commission enterprise.
The Patient Safety Specialist responds to patient safety issues brought to the Office of Quality & Patient Safety (OQPS) through a number of routes or sources. Activity surrounding the identified issue is commensurate with the nature and severity of the issue, with increasing responsiveness based on the urgency and seriousness of the patient safety concern. Critical thinking and clinical expertise is applied throughout the process of working with an accredited organization in responding to patient safety concerns. A collaborative approach, mindful of the patient experience, the healthcare provider or organization experience, and of other stakeholders (e.g. government agencies), is essential. Most interactions on these issues are held with executive leadership of the healthcare organization, such as the Chief Executive, Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Medical Officer, or immediate designees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to information about healthcare organizations which comes into OQM by evaluating submitted information against Joint Commission requirements, and the impact or potential impact on a patient(s). Consults with other division experts as needed.
- Triages this information in accord with complaint protocols, Medicare Requirements, and with sentinel event policy and takes action accordingly. Assimilates other known information about that healthcare organization for issues of the greatest urgency and makes recommendations to senior leadership regarding the need for on-site survey activity.
- Facilitates for-cause survey activity. Ensures that resulting on-site survey activity is scheduled through the scheduling unit to occur within the defined timeframe/regulatory requirements. Collaborates with field directors and field representatives to provide materials and any information needed in order for the field rep to conduct the survey.
- Initiates interaction with the healthcare organization when the information suggests the incident meets criteria as a reviewable sentinel event, to confirm reviewability and to determine the method by which the organization will complete and submit their root cause analysis.
- Upon submission of the RCA, provides feedback and guidance to the accredited organization’s leadership (either through conference call, web discussion or face to face dialogue), to establish that a thorough and credible RCA has been completed, and ensures that improvement plans are related to the causal factors, and that measurements and implementation are in place.
- For adverse events not meeting the reviewability criteria, works with the organization through the ‘organization response’ process, to evaluate their response to the complaint, to assess the organization’s current status in terms of standards compliance, and to identify whether or not the response is substantive and factual and thus, acceptable to bring cases to closure.
- For issues which are at a priority level that do not require the activities described above, applies a Priority Focus Area to the information and enters it into the database in order to track the issue over time and monitor for trends.
- For issues which have reached a point of completion, provides follow-up with the complainant in a sensitive manner, sharing information as allowed by the Public Information Policy in order to provide closure.
- Responds to data requests in a timely manner providing correct background to frame the data accurately, and to be in accord with the Public Information Policy for both internal and external requests. Responds to the Complaint and to the Sentinel Event Hotline as needed, for issues of immediate concern.
- Interacts with other internal customers and advisory groups, such as research, standards development and standard interpretation to provide information about patterns and trends noted in aggregated OQPS data.
- Collaborates with Legal Affairs and Compliance on issues related to confidentiality, retaliation concerns and other legal issues in the clinical setting.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers in a respectful, constructive and collegial style consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Provides education to healthcare organizations or others about The Joint Commission’s process for responding to sentinel events, complaints, and for-cause surveys.
- Serves as a role model in the support of and implementation of enterprise, division and departmental mission and initiatives utilizing RPI tools and strategies as indicated. Leads and/or participates in internal work groups to identify and implement improvements to our internal processes.
Assist the Executive Director in managing the strategic development, growth and retention, and day-to-day operations of the activities related to the assigned sales team for accreditation and/or certification programs. Responsible for sales and account management within an assigned territory and for a specified Customer List. Manage assigned staff Business Development Specialists and Business Development Managers that serve as key contacts for organizations and programs eligible for accreditation and/or certification. Identify and assist new and existing customers in the decision process to pursue accreditation or certification. Serve as the lead business manager and administrator for the Department’s contact management/customer relationship management database as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus sales efforts on Health Systems by pro-actively identifying potential targets, conducting business research, meaningfully engaging key leadership contacts in the sales process.
- Actively contributes to the successful achievement of SBU performance objectives through effective SBU team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
- Manage assigned Business Development Specialists and Business Development Managers. Set performance expectations and monitor performance against established goals.
- Initiates contact and follow-up with organizations not yet accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Responds to organizations and consultant inquiries about Joint Commission accreditation or certification.
- Maintains/manages assigned leads and prospects within the Department’s contact management/sales database. Ability to develop, analyze and respond to data reports within the contact management/sales database.
- Identify opportunities, write proposals, coordinate, prepare and deliver Webinars, Workshops, National and State presentations and events.
- Arranges, plans, and conducts external customer development meetings.
- Collaboratively works with other Joint Commission departments and staff to respond to customer inquiries and needs.
- Represents, within the Joint Commission, the views of the field segments that make up the assigned accreditation or certification programs.
- Promotes accreditation or certification and serve as program representative at conventions, national meetings, and other external activities.
- Collects input and identify trends from the field segments that relate to the assigned accreditation or certification programs.
- Participates in the identification, design, and development of Joint Commission products and services.
- Leads and/or participates in Strategic Business Unit and other internal work groups as assigned.
- Participates in the development and testing of accreditation and certification products, including education programs, publications, consultation, standards and survey process development, and any other products that support the accreditation and certification programs.
- Works cooperatively with state and federal relations staff to maintain existing deemed status relationships and pursue new deeming relationships.
- Work collaboratively with payer relations staff to develop, sustain and further relationships with targeted payers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Participate in all phases of data receipt applications and exploratory data analysis. Tasks include maintaining databases and ensuring that their data are reliable. Requirements include designing, implementing, testing, maintaining, and supporting the processes to analyze hospital data used in performance measurement analytics, as well as the routine refresh of data sets. This role embraces the concept of data wrangling, which is the process of cleaning and unifying messy and complex data sets for easy access and analysis. Provide statistical analysis for various groups with the enterprise, including regression modeling.