KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The level of knowledge and experience equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a degree in medicine or osteopathic medicine and a clinical residency program.
- Ten or more years of experience in health care, with seven to ten years of progressively more responsible experience in healthcare management, such as serving as chief of staff or in a physician executive role. Experience in a health care consulting role is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of JCAHO and/or JCI standards and survey process, quality improvement, and/or patient safety and risk management required.
- Excellent communication skills as exhibited through professional involvement in leadership roles, teaching, consulting, or relevant publications.
- The written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively present information and ideas in proposals, position papers, and to make presentations.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet software and presentation software required. Intermittent consultants must have own laptop computer available for on-site consultation and custom education programs.
- Approximately seventy-five (75) percent travel required.
- Ability to adapt to diverse cultures and sometimes challenging travel conditions.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, German, Portuguese or Arabic preferred.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to travel 100% of work time.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification due to business needs and/or reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.