- Bachelor’s degree required in statistics, data science, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or a similar field.
- Entry level position. Academic experience and zero to two years of practical experience in providing statistical support utilizing statistical software such as R or SAS. Experience with one or more database technologies, big-data methodologies, and cloud methodologies is preferred.
- Ability to understand, implement, and interpret statistical modeling techniques: i.e., linear/non-linear regression models, in addition to providing statistical analyses requested.
- Ability to understand data analysis requirements. Technical problem-solving skills to investigate and debug and effectively report issues.
- Technical proficiency in working with relational database, understanding variety of programming and coding languages, and working with reporting/query tools (e.g., MS Access, SAS, MS SQL Server, MS Visio, etc.). Willingness to stay abreast of the development in area of professional competence.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, especially in communicating business and technical information. Familiarity with data visualization programs and ability to provide data tables and graphics that aid in the interpretation of analysis results. Capable of preparing and delivering requirements and test plan documents.
- Ability to effectively collaborate on work with other professionals. Can interact well with individuals, both internally and externally, and effectively communicate technical or statistical information and specifications. Ability to present to small groups.
- Generally, works independently but knows when to seek guidance/assistance. Demonstrates a results-orientation, determination, ownership of responsibility, reliability, and accountability, and yet functions as a team member and follows direction as part of a team under general supervision.
- Experience working with healthcare data is preferred.
Note: Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 as a condition for employment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.