The Senior Manager Multimedia works closely with the Associate Director of Publications & Multimedia and the Director of DOCC to enhance the reputation of The Joint Commission, and to promote the mission, vision, programs and policies of The Joint Commission as established by the Board of Commissioners. The Senior Manager Multimedia is responsible for the development and production of multimedia projects, including videos, podcasts, and DOCC’s external webinars for The Joint Commission and the Center for Transforming Healthcare. This senior management role includes writing and editing of materials for multimedia projects, as well as providing guidance to staff, consultants and freelancers assigned to assist with multimedia projects.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (Note: minimum requirements)
· A bachelor’s degree with 8 to 10 years of experience in video, editing, motion graphics, narrative and documentary-style storytelling.
· Background in advertising, public relations or communications with special emphasis on multimedia or publications. Experience in health care or pharmaceuticals industry is desired.
· Strong interest in editing, digital media, visual storytelling, and motion graphics.
· Expertise in Adobe Premiere and other editing software.
· Keen attention to detail and budgets.
· Managerial experience with a team of at least three or more.
· Team player who believes no task is too small or beneath them.
· A compelling online portfolio demonstrating strategic, conceptual and visual expertise.
· Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to handle multiple projects, stay organized, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage multiple brands/accounts across multiple categories and audiences.
· High level of cross-platform, multimedia knowledge, including expertise in cameras, lighting equipment and techniques, audio and other equipment, and creative software.
· Creative, collaborative, self-motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial, problem-solver, enthusiastic, open-minded, flexible, diplomatic, efficient.
Note: Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 as a condition for employment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.