Seeking candidates with strong customer service management experience in the role of an Account Executive.
This is an entry level position with someone who has 0-5 years of experience. (Local candidates only)
Our Account Executives have promotional opportunities after 1 year into a Senior Account Executive position.
This position will compensate based on your experience between $40,000-$45,000 your first year. (we offer full benefits: medical, dental, vision, pto, and two retirement plans; 401k and pension)
The account executive serves as the key primary contact between the organizations and The Joint Commission. The account executive develops and manages the important relationship with organizations, coordinates survey planning, and handles policy, procedure, and accreditation/certification issues and services. The account executive acts as the key resource for inquiries throughout the accreditation/certification cycle in addition to providing coaching and education to the organizations.
The account executive will process applications, set agendas, and processes reports including on-site survey event reports, and follow-up reports including evidence of standards compliance (ESC) and measure of success (MOS) reports. The account executive will work with a lead account executive regarding policy determinations relative to the inclusion of services and the scope of survey, application of cooperative agreements, ownership changes, and the extension survey policy requirement. The account executive acquires a basic knowledge of the Joint Commission standards. The account executive consults with senior and lead account executives and other Joint Commission staff who have expertise needed to serve their customers (e.g., standards interpretation group, information technology, government relations, business development, etc.).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The following responsibilities apply only if assigned to a Strategic Business Unit (SBU): Actively contributes to the successful achievement of SBU performance objectives through effective SBU team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
2. Application Processing: Processes applications for survey for organizations in an assigned specialty group. Interprets data submitted by a customer to ensure that an appropriate survey can be performed for all services and sites of care. Prioritizes and processes applications based on resurvey dates and initial customer preferences. Communicates
with resurvey customers to ensure applications are received within acceptable timeframes for processing and scheduling. If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher level account representative within the teams.
3. Agenda Setting: Most accreditation/certification programs use template-driven agendas that may undergo customization. It is the responsibility of the account executive to post the appropriate template agenda(s) to the customer’s extranet site within the required timeframe. If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher
level account executive within the teams.
4. Survey Report Processing: Processes survey reports for all customers in assigned specialty group. When the account executive identifies an organization with a potential adverse outcome, the account executive refers the report to the manager of the Adverse Team. The account executive processes on-site survey event reports, follow-up reports including evidence of standards compliance (ESC) and measure of success (MOS) reports, within the required timeframes.
If assistance is needed, questions are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
5. Correspondence: Responds to customer correspondence regarding event planning, complaints, mergers, acquisitions, site changes and other activities associated with the accreditation/certification process within the required timeframes.
The account executive consults with a higher level account executive, manager, or other senior leadership in preparation of an appropriate response when needed.
6. Ongoing Monitoring of Accreditation/Certification Related Activities: Maintains customer lists and tracks planned activities and required submissions. Communicates with customers to ensure intercycle and follow-up events are received within acceptable timeframes for processing. Should any discrepancies be identified, the account executive works with a higher level account executive and other staff and departments to resolve the issue.
7. Maintain a High Level of Customer Satisfaction: Maintains a successful level of responsiveness, serves as a knowledgeable resource of information or liaison, and conducts oneself in a manner that exemplifies respectfulness to
all customers, internal and external. If assistance is needed in meeting customer service expectations, questions are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
8. Attend Ongoing Training for Job Responsibilities: Participates in ongoing training that is designed to develop the skills
of the service team staff (at all levels) in order to carry out the assigned job responsibilities. Actively pursues training
that consists of, but is not limited to, attendance at staff meeting and brown bag presentations, familiarity with standard operating procedures, participation in special topical training sessions, and usage of available on-line resources with a goal of ensuring responses and results that are accurate and consistent with staff as a whole.
9. Meet Dashboard Turn Around Time Requirements: Process applications, survey reports, correspondence and monitors other accreditation/certification related activities within the required timeframes. If assistance is needed, questions
are referred to a higher level account executive within the teams.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Good customer service skills.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Ability to prioritize and balance workload expectations.
4. Willingness to adapt to a changing environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Completion of the account executive trainee program/requirements and successful evaluation of competencies as evaluated by a manager.
2. A Bachelors degree, preferably in a health or ancillary health discipline.
3. Computer proficiency of The Joint Commission software (Knowledge of Microsoft Suites preferred).
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification due to business needs and/or reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.