Knowledge, Practical Experience, and Special Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a similar field. Master’s preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in providing statistical support utilizing statistical software such as R or SAS. Experience with one or more database technologies, big-data methodologies and cloud methodologies is preferred.
- Effective ability to understand, implement, and interpret statistical modeling techniques, i.e. linear/non-linear regression models in addition to providing statistical analyses requested.
- Effective ability to understand requirements in whole and in detail and ability to perform strong analysis and technical problem solving skills to investigate and debug and effectively report issues.
- Technical proficiency in working with relational database, understanding variety of programming and coding languages and working with reporting/query tools (e.g., MS Access, SAS, MS SQL Server, MS Visio, etc.). Willingness to stay abreast of the development in area of professional competence.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, especially in communicating business and technical information. Capable of preparing and delivering requirements and test plan documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills that can be used to effectively collaborate on work with other professionals. Ability to interact well with individuals, both internally and externally, and effectively communicate technical or statistical information and specifications. Ability to present to small groups.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently. Demonstrates a results-orientation, determination, ownership of responsibility, reliability, and accountability, and yet functions as a team member and follows direction as part of a team under general supervision.
- Experience working with healthcare data is preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.