Assists Executive Director, Director and Associate Director in current or new Center customers in the decision process to pursue high reliability products and services. Assists Center for Transforming Healthcare (CTH) Business Development Team in researching and identifying emerging opportunities as driven by industry influencers or private Health System activity. Supports Director and Associate Director in working with potential CTH customers. The Business Development Manager independently manages accounts and/or market segment as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Director and Associate Director, initiates contact and follow-up with potential CTH customers to support closing customer sales. Also, works with CTH BD Team to strengthen relationships and encourage the use of high reliability add-on options, or other value-add high reliability services. Use contact management/customer relationship management database for documenting activities and demonstrating results.
- Arranges, plans, and conducts prospective customer development/sales meetings by telephone and in-person, with both internal CTH BD staff and external healthcare customer contacts.
- Prepares and arranges for CTH leadership presentations in collaboration with Executive Director, Director, or Associate Director that deliver key value messages about CTH high reliability products and services to potential customers and influencers. Coordinates these meetings as appropriate with Joint Commission’s Speaker’s Bureau, Washington DC office, etc.
- Collaboratively works with other Joint Commission departments and staff to respond to customer inquiries and needs as part of the sales or retention cycles. Provides quarterly updates of prospective systems candidates, and monthly reviews of current and deferred prospects.
- Participates in CTH and other internal work groups as requested and contributes to CTH strategic business plans.