The Executive Assistant’s role is to assist the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nurse Executive in completing their work as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Manages incoming calls for leader. Takes a triage approach in handling calls, understanding the difference between key people that need to be handled as a high priority and those that are less critical. Ensures that all handoffs are handled appropriately with excellent customer service.
- Heavy calendar management and coordination of appointments and meetings with internal and external clients. Manages leader’s personal & work schedule to ensure all meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel are coordinated and organized by priority. Must be able to learn the people, organizations, and meetings requests that take precedence to ensure appropriate scheduling. Must be able to handle competing priorities with composure.
- Receives, opens, reviews, routes, and handles all leader’s incoming mail.
- Handles leader’s travel arrangements through designated corporate agency. Ensures all components of travel are thought through, coordinated, organized & communicated.
- Timely completion of leader’s expense reports, including organizing all necessary receipts.
- Handles the organizing, scheduling, and agenda for ongoing meetings. Books meeting rooms and makes other arrangements as needed, including meal and/or beverage service. Confirms attendance of others for meetings.
- Coordinates, plans and makes the necessary arrangements for advisory group committee meetings. Books meeting rooms and makes other arrangements as needed, including meal and/or beverage service. Invites and confirms attendees. Prepares and sends out agenda and related materials. Coordinates travel arrangements, if necessary. Assists with on-site arrangements and preparations. Prepares materials for meetings.
- Communicates with other office administrative assistants and departments to ensure collaboration of various matters.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of executive.