The Specialist Principal has primary responsibility for development and ownership of a Specialty Offering Infection Prevention and Control including thought leadership, offering development, sales and oversight of specialty projects. The Specialist Principal is a current leader in his/her specialty with a desire to share and expand expertise with Joint Commission International (JCI) and healthcare organizations globally.
The Specialist Principal Consultant plays a key role in leading excellent client service delivery and building and maintaining trusted long-term client relationships. The Specialist Principal acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the provision of specialty area on-site consultation, education, and technical assistance to US and/or International hospitals and health care systems to assist in improving patient care, quality, and safety. The Specialist Principal also has a unique and significant responsibility amongst consultants to grow the business with clear targets to expand JCR/JCI’s impact with clients. Provides excellent on-site consultation, education, and technical assistance to US and/or International hospitals and health care systems to assist in improving patient care, quality, and safety. Identifies business development opportunities to support new and existing clients, generates leads, develop proposals, and closes the sale of consultations and other JCR/JCI products and services. Acts as a leader within JCR/JCI through mentorship, coaching, and thought leadership. Maintains current knowledge of health care- and discipline-specific trends, develops content, and shares knowledge and best practices with the consulting team and clients.
SPECIALIST PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports revenue growth by generating sales and developing new products/services to achieve or exceed individual revenue target.
- Assumes responsibility for the strategic direction and growth of practice to defined strategic markets, inclusive of lead generation, assistance in proposal development, and sale of JCR/JCI products and services. Maintains and grows client relationships through ongoing communications and a systematic process for client follow-up. Identifies the unique needs of JCR/JCI client organizations and tailors consulting services / engagements (type, scope, etc.) accordingly. Actively shares innovations, creative strategies, and experiences with colleagues.
- Actively participates in the development of new consulting products and services to meet the needs of existing and future clients and works to close and deliver these opportunities.
- Develops and maintains individual business development strategy and plan to achieve target. Documents and tracks client needs and sales opportunities in Salesforce. Manages and maintains pipeline of future business.
- Conducts needs assessments/initial assessments/mock surveys as a business development tool. Identifies the unique needs of JCR/JCI client organizations and defines scope of services (resources, costs, and timing) accordingly. Leads follow-on conversations with clients and scopes follow-on work based on mock surveys/assessments that have been led by other consultants.
- Collaborates closely with Regional Managing Directors or Domestic Sales team to generate leads, develop proposals, and close sales of consultations and other JCR products and services.
- Leads client engagements and delivers exceptional consulting services and educational offerings.
- Actively manages and leads complex and/or large client engagements with multifaceted organizations (i.e., academic medical centers, healthcare systems, ministries of health clients, regional health authorities). Leads specialty area specific project work that spans over considerable time, involves the integration and expertise of several consultants, and requires the sponsorship and active involvement by the client organization’s executive leadership.
- Provides exceptional on- and off-site consultation and education to U.S. and/or international healthcare organizations or other clients, emphasizing practical approaches in the application of The Joint Commission and/or Joint Commission International standards as well as technical assistance in healthcare performance improvement.
- Performs regularly as Team Leader to deliver comprehensive client engagements that achieve client expectations and successfully execute all contracted deliverables in a timely and quality manner. Articulates all interventions with the Field Director/Manager and appropriate Client Services Manager at JCR/JCI Central Office and completes all necessary follow up activities for client.
- Consistently prepares well-articulated and focused written consultation reports aimed toward senior healthcare executives. Obtains feedback from JCR/JCI clients regarding the quality of services and deliverables and actively makes improvements therein.
- Promotes JCR/JCI products and services through public speaking engagements and representation at high profile national and/or international conferences/meetings/conventions and/or at JCR/JCI sponsored seminars and conferences as requested. Writes and/or reviews papers/chapters/case studies/articles for publication or for JCR journals or newsletters, as requested.
- Serves as a mentor and thought leader within the organization by developing content and sharing knowledge and best practices with the consulting team and clients.
- Contributes to the betterment of the firm by developing new products, writing white papers, designing training curriculum, coaching and mentoring consultants, leading committees, and/or serving as faculty for internal learning events.
- Exhibits excellent performance across consulting core competencies, solicits feedback from managers, and provides feedback to various staff including; peers, consultants, and associates in an effort to provide exceptional and relevant client service.
- Participates on committees, task forces, and/or teams in the design, testing, evaluation, and redesign of JCR/JCI’s consulting and education products and services, business processes, and various initiatives as assigned. Actively shares innovations, creative strategies and experiences with colleagues. Develops educational materials for use in revenue generating opportunities when requested.
- Coaches consultants relative to professional standards. Together with Consultant Development, actively participates in the recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding process, and retention of talent. Models a spirit of quality and collaboration across JCR/JCI services and with all colleagues. Serves as a mentor and thought leader within the organization by developing content and sharing knowledge and best practices with the consulting team and clients.