The Sr Editor conceptualizes, develops, acquires, and edits digital content, including accreditation and certification standards, accreditation readiness strategies and case studies, and health care quality and safety content for e-products, mobile and print platforms, e-books, digital newsletters, and subscription-based digital portals. Ensures that content is appropriately written, edited, reviewed, and approved, and that content is accurate, is posted in a timely manner, and meets customer expectations and needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualizes, develops, and edits digital content, including accreditation and certification standards, accreditation readiness, and health care quality and safety content for assigned e-products, mobile and print platforms, e-books, digital newsletters, and subscription-based digital portals. Acquires appropriate content from JCR consultants, external experts, and health care organizations, and secures appropriate permissions to republish the content. Curates and updates content based on subject matter expert review on assigned products to ensure ongoing accuracy, currency, and customer relevance.
- Creates and follows development schedules for all assigned content, and tracks projects from conception through publication/release, providing weekly updates to supervisor and other staff, as appropriate. Uses appropriate content management and project management systems to document and track timely development of all assigned content.
- For standards content, project manages updates, editing content and ensuring appropriate and timely review. For non-standards content, works with freelance writers, outside subject matter experts and organizations, consultants, and surveyors to develop or acquire content appropriate for digital publication based on extensive research and information from Joint Commission and industry experts. Negotiates fair and appropriate fees. Prepares contracts for supervisor’s review; reviews and approves freelancers’ bills.
- Reviews, substantively edits, and as necessary revises/rewrites draft content to ensure accuracy and conformity with Joint Commission standards, goals, initiatives, policies, and procedures, and with department style. Secures reviews of content from appropriate Joint Commission staff and external experts and customers. Advises content developers on necessary revisions, and, when necessary, negotiates needed changes.
- Works closely with production staff by preparing content for production and reviewing copyedited and proofread content, layout designs, and the like. Ensures that all content is presented online with a high-quality user experience.
- Ensures that all assigned digital content and products are promoted effectively and accurately through marketing, communications, and sales channels