The Paralegal is responsible for general legal support to the Enterprise Legal Department and to The Joint Commission and its affiliates. Duties include interaction with business clients at all levels of management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBIITIES
- Provides legal assistance to corporate attorneys.
- May prepare procedural documentation for general legal matters including but not limited to compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, regulatory matters, risk management asset-backed financing and contract management.
- May prepare procedural documentation for patent filings and applications, as required.
- Assists attorney(s) with the drafting and editing of legal documentation.
- Maintains a tracking system to comply with trademark regulations; also tracks in-house research studies and may recommend need for and timing of patent filings.
- May assist with determining the necessity and approach to contracts, ensuring protection of the company’s proprietary technology.
- May work on tracking and paying legal fees.
- Requires paralegal certification in the United States.