Performs Accounts Receivable duties encompassing all aspects of producing invoicing for activities provided by The Joint Commission, Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare and Joint Commission Resources. This is a firewall cross-over position. Experience in transaction processing preferred. Includes responsibility for Customer Service phones to support coverage of staff vacancies due to vacation, sick days as well as support lunch coverage as determined by A/R Supervisor.
This position requires frequent interpretation and application of billing policies and guidelines; uses sound judgment to produce accurate billing documents. The ability to synthesize data and translate information to produce invoices is a key success factor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interprets and verifies all information needed to create an accurate invoice for services rendered by The Joint Commission, Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare and Joint Commission Resources. The manual billing includes Speaking Engagements, Miscellaneous Contracts, ORYX contracts and fees, Datamart Fees, Corporate Orientation and Summations, Expense Billing for The Joint Commission, Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare and Joint Commission Resources. This includes the review of customer-level information to ensure billing accuracy.
2. Provide coverage for The Joint Commission and Joint Commission Resources Pricing Analyst.
3. Maintains confidentiality and firewall compliance in resolving billing issues within and across product lines.
4. Works with staff across the Enterprise to resolve billing issues. This may include participation in cross-divisional meetings to review billing issues.
5. Creates invoices within the time frame established by the Associate Director. Adheres to unit's procedures for maintaining appropriate DSO and monthly goalpost metrics.
6. Using billing system software program to complete accurate invoices. Verify compliance with the existing event contract. Email and/or mail invoices to Billing Contact as defined by contract.
7. Processes billing adjustments as approved by the supervisor/manager or Associate Director.
8. Interprets SharePoint File data to ensure correct billing for Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare and Corporate Orientations and Summations.
9. Follows corporate guidelines for responsiveness responding to calls within 8 business hours. Obtains messages from voice mail on a timely basis and responds to them within 8 business hours. Call difficulty can range from simple to complex. Answers e-mail messages received within 8 business hours.
10. Other duties as assigned by the A/R Supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in accounts receivable or billing function or work experience in a finance department setting commensurate with a Bachelor’s degree is required
2. Aptitude for working with numbers/strong mathematical skills required.
3. Prior experience in a Billing, Accounts Receivable, or allied position, preferred. Data entry proficiency required.
4. Special skills include an aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail, strong customer service orientation for both internal and external customers, commitment to continuous quality improvement, solid organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, experience in working in a team environment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities extremely well.
5. Thorough knowledge of processes for all products and services billed.
7. Possess good analytical ability, including spreadsheet and word processing software.
8. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Ability to interact effectively with high-level administrative and management staff from organizations seeking TJC, JCR and CTH services.
2. Ability to manage many ongoing customer service issues concurrently, ensuring that follow-through and closure are achieved in a timely manner.