Works closely with Department of Standards and Survey Methods (DSSM) staff and other Joint Commission constituents to understand and fulfill Joint Commission standards data analysis and reporting needs. Helps to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data. Assists in preparing technical documentation of manual and automated processes. Participates as a member of internal workgroups and provides support to division staff on technical and database issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in project meetings to understand project goals, activities and work plans for departmental, divisional and organizational initiatives, and to assess standards data reporting needs.
2. Performs required data entry, manipulation and linking tasks requiring a high level of acuity according to specifications. Performs quality checks to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data.
3. Employs technical skills and problem solving techniques to effectively and efficiently produce reports for DSSM and the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation (DHQE), while demonstrating an understanding of business policies and procedures.
4. Provides required data for the Board of Commissioners, various committees, and senior management staff.
5. Assists in preparing technical documentation of manual and automated processes and assists in educating staff on data entry procedures.
6. Participates in user testing and assists in analyzing the results, including validating the accuracy and consistency of data used in standards reporting processes.
7. Participates in root cause analysis of problems and identifies, analyzes, documents, and helps facilitate the correction of defects at any point in the product cycle.
8. Participates in internal workgroups on various technical and database issues.
9. Applies skills to develop or enhance technology solutions to improve department business operations. Assists in troubleshooting technical problems.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field OR equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree (MIS or MBA) preferred.
2. One to three years of work experience. This experience will ideally include, but need not be limited to:
• Design, query, and reporting experience with relational databases (Access, SQL)
• project management
• writing skills
3. Demonstrate the ability to synthesize complex projects/data involving a wide range of individuals, groups, and/or committees.
4. Strong analytic abilities. Demonstrated ability to problem solve and juggle multiple priorities.
5. Effective interpersonal skills to interact with individuals at various levels both inside and outside of the organization, often in sensitive situations requiring political awareness.
6. Displays a strong commitment to superior quality.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Displays a willingness to work a flexible schedule based on workload and deliverable dates.
9. Experience in the following areas is desirable:
• SharePoint and
• technical writing.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.