The Clinical Director assists the Chief Medical Officer (DIVHI) in the management and reporting on all activities associated with the daily operation and coordination of the Standards Interpretation Group. Serves as the link between the Standards Interpretation Group and the Division of Standards and Survey Measurement and the Division of Accreditation and Certification Operations to coordinate and integrate intra-departmental activities. Formulates and initiates strategies to improve departmental responsiveness and accountability to accredited customers and Surveyors. Designs data analysis tools that systematically evaluate departmental performance and consistency of standards interpretation. Participates as a consultant in the development and revision of standards and survey process and in support of ongoing accreditation services and special projects. Serves as faculty for education programs and represents the Joint Commission at speaking engagements. This position is based out of our Oakbrook Terrace, IL office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and approving the educational objectives and plan for the department, including development of the Enterprise-wide core standards curriculum.
- Establishing standards for effective job performance for clinical SIG staff, consistent with the mission of the department and the corporation, and evaluate performance against department and corporate standards.
- Continually assesses departmental resource needs and recommends adjustments as indicated.
- Coordinates intra and inter departmental operations to facilitate effective interactions.
- Participates in the organization and dissemination of standards interpretation position statements and answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Supports the development of activities to improve the consistency of standards interpretation across the enterprise.
- Directs the post-survey review process, through consultation with standards interpretation associate directors, field directors, surveyors, and account representatives.
- Represents The Joint Commission through speaking engagements and attendance at local and national professional organization meetings.