Plans, manages and evaluates activities and projects related to the development and refinement of accreditation and certification standards and survey methods. Supervises professional and administrative support personnel.
- Plan, manage and evaluate activities and projects related to the development and refinement of accreditation and certification standards and survey methods. Define activity and project parameters and specifications, and organize related staff resources. Formulate effective and innovative approaches to accomplishing project and operational objectives.
- Supervise professional personnel. Participate in recruiting, assessing, training, evaluating and disciplining (if necessary) departmental personnel.
- Manage daily operations related to department projects which are often very large and complex. Monitor current projects to ensure that they are conducted in a highly professional manner. Act independently and pro‑actively to manage and resolve project‑related problems as they arise.
- Mentor direct reports to support corporate and departmental mission, vision, values strategies and goals including individual project goals.
- Promote and participate in process improvement and performance excellence activities.
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures necessary for smooth project implementation and consistent project performance.
- In consultation with Directors, assess relevant training needs for individual staff and groups of staff, including assessment methods and measurement systems.
- Design training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary theory and methods related to the development of standards and survey methods, field engagement strategies and emerging technology solutions. Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualifications levels required by staff for effective performance, and circulate requirements and relevant information to departmental leadership as appropriate.