KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school. Current attorney license required at time of hire which must be maintained. No history of adverse action(s) relative to current or previous professional license.
- Strong preference for corporate/transactional legal experience. Preference given to candidates with in‑house corporate/transactional or in-house health law legal experience.
- Minimum 2 years information technology experience.
- Contract drafting, counseling and negotiating experience, including customer agreements, master services agreements, subcontracts, independent contractor agreements, requests for proposals, confidentiality and teaming agreements.
- Strong preference for health law experience relevant to quality and safety issues, including familiarity or experience with business associate agreements in accordance with HIPAA and HITECH regulations.
- General knowledge of federal, state and local laws (preference for experience with corporate not-for-profit and tax-exempt law) and the ability to analyze case and statutory law and provide recommendations.
- Self-motivated team player with strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to balance frequent competing demands from diverse business groups. Ability to use independent judgment to balance legal and business concerns within designated risk parameters.
- Experience in the following areas preferred: e-commerce and technology-related agreements; intellectual property licensing; government contracting; grant and sponsorship agreements; intellectual property issues, including copyrights and trademarks; international business matters, including international regulatory matters such as privacy and FCPA compliance, contracts or employment law; litigation, e-discovery and other dispute resolution processes.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.