The Director of Scheduling plans, manages, and directs all operational activities associated with the Scheduling Department within the division. Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of a central office infrastructure for the development and management of survey planning representatives. Establishes and monitors a system to evaluate survey planning representatives’ competency and performance. Directs, plans, organizes, and monitors the scheduling of accreditation surveys and certification reviews across all product lines, for the entire customer base. Manages and analyzes surveyor availability to ensure all surveyors are utilized, staffed and assigned travel cost-effectively and according to corporate policy. Directs all operational activities associated with the Surveyor Compensation model.
- Provides overall leadership to DIVACO Scheduling Unit, including developing and administering strategic plans, goals, and budgets.
- Monitors attainment of goals and budgets on a regular basis, recommends refinements, realignments or structural changes based on divisional need as appropriate.
- Responsible for the oversight of surveyor manpower needs to ensure sufficient surveyor resources within and across each program and discipline; considers succession planning in projections.
- Responsible for the oversight of surveyor/reviewer cadre utilization, as it relates to the set performance expectations for each surveyor/reviewer FTE statuses under this model.
- Responsible for the oversight of an emergency on-call response system for use by field representatives and schedulers
- Development and management of quantitative and qualitative scheduling production plans across all product lines and all accreditation and certification service functions.
- Scheduling and appropriate staffing of initials, resurveys, for-cause and on-site sentinel event reviews, PPRs, random unannounced validation surveys, and extension surveys
- Assesses trends in scheduling effectiveness
- Leads the development of scheduling, survey process and review process improvement activities; actively supporting RPI activities and the Center for Transforming Healthcare