This position reports to the Executive Director, Hospital Business Development Program, and is responsible for delivering on accreditation new application volume and revenue targets specific to the respective geographic territory. In addition, the Associate Director will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, and other colleagues as fit, to develop new business associated with multi-territory hospitals and health systems. The Associate Director, at the request of the Executive Director, will communicate and collaborate with other components of The Joint Commission Enterprise to ensure consistent and coordinated management of the hospital customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively contributes to the successful achievement of the program’s performance objectives by achieving or exceeding new business (applications) targets, and effectively collaborating with colleagues across the Division and the Enterprise.
- Initiates contact and follows up with organizations not yet accredited by The Joint Commission. Arranges, plans, and conducts external customer development meetings.
- Responds to organizations and consultant inquiries about Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation.
- Maintains/manages assigned leads and prospects within the Department’s Salesforce database.
- Develops written proposals for customers as required.
- Collaboratively works with other Joint Commission departments and staff to respond to customer inquiries and needs. Collects input and identifies trends from the field segments that relate to the Hospital Business Development Program.
- Promotes Hospital accreditation and serves as the program representative at conventions, national meetings, and other external activities as necessary.
- Leads and/or participates in Program Advancement Teams and other internal work groups as assigned.
- Participates in the development and testing of Hospital accreditation products, including education programs, publications, consultation, standards and survey process development, and any other products that support the accreditation program.
- Prepares and delivers presentations.