Leads team-based projects addressing the identification, specification, testing and implementation of national standardized performance measures for various care settings and clinical areas. Participates in the development and testing of electronic specifications of standardized performance measures, including establishing and convening clinical and technical advisory panels, and collaborating with other staff in the development of electronic measures specifications for implementation in electronic health records. Represents The Joint Commission on various external workgroups concerned with assigned areas of responsibility. Coordinates, compiles, analyzes and communicates the results of field reviews, research and/or evaluation activities of measure specification appropriateness. Participates in and leads work groups for projects of a highly complex technical nature or specific project components within larger projects as assigned. This is a soft-funded position with an end date of August 2019.
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Our team members embrace a number of commonly shared enterprise values – quality, respect, integrity, courtesy, teamwork, recognition, improvement, empowerment, and responsiveness. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to exhibit in their role. In our view fostering a culture that embodies these values will lead to success and growth of our team members and our division.
- Use of health IT for clinical performance measurement and quality improvement
- Clinical workflow analysis redesign
- project management
- Development of reports, analytics, or clinical decision support to aide clinical best practices
- PC-based computer application
- Research methods and analysis
- Implementation and/or use of electronic health records
- Performance measure development and/or implementation