In a highly collaborative environment, design elearning and face-to-face courses and activities as part of a design team. Use a variety of instructional design strategies that ensure achievement of learning goals and objectives. This work includes ensuring that deliverables are timely and meet quality standards for a diverse group of adult learners. This job is for a limited term, through 2018.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with customers to scope deliverables. With the design team, determine the best design options for audience.
- Communicate timelines, deliverables, and expectations to customers.
- Create course content / storyboards and any instructional materials (tutorials, job aids, follow-up activities, knowledge checks, etc.).
- Collaborate with instructional technologist using Storyline 360 and other design tools, as necessary.
- Identify any existing learning materials that can be leveraged or modified to support learning needs. Ensure instructional design strategies are matched to audience, intended outcomes, and align with customer needs. Ensure content is reviewed, is meeting expectations, and guide adjustments, as necessary. Engage SME involvement to ensure accuracy.
- Review evaluation results. Collaborate with design team and instructors to review course evaluations and assess for future needs. Collaborate to make changes to design and instruction approaches, as needed.
- Proactively mitigate any risk for project deliverables. Collaborate with stakeholders and design team to address design and development issues that arise in the process of course creation.
- Encourage sharing of best practices for education across enterprise, including use of the ADDIE model.
Participate in other duties, as assigned.