Assumes primary responsibility for the planning, coordination, and management of JCR consultant training and professional development, including consultant core competencies, mentoring, coaching and ongoing development and professional growth. Works closely with the Executive Directors US Consulting and International Consulting, Field Directors, Consultant Development Director, Operations and the surveyor development staffs (domestic and international) to assure consultant orientation and development. Manages the creation and delivery of education and development for all global consulting field staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes primary day-to-day responsibility for developing, coordinating, and managing consultant professional development for all of JCR’s field staff, including orientation, preceptorship management, ongoing education, and assessment of competency and professional development needs. Develops curriculum and training materials (tutorials, job aids, reference guides, course content (instructor led and eLearning), webinars, story boards, training objectives, tests, and evaluations).
- Manages training structure, content development, approach, timelines, and evaluation of training. Training on standards, survey process, systems and customer service best practices. Content to include all Joint Commission programs (manuals) and coordination of CMS training and education.
- Manages and develops formalized structure and content for initial on-boarding, orientation and initial training for all new JCR field staff.
- Manages the process of assessing the training needs of field staff and the coordination of distance education programs.
- Collaborates with JCI Accreditation on definition of training needs and development (instructional design) of all materials for all international field staff (consultants and surveyors).
- Designs, develops and delivers specialized training content and events for Principal Consultants, working in concert with JCR Operations, Business Development and Regional Sales/Managing Directors.
- Identifies field staff training needs. This includes a formalized training needs assessment and an evaluation of current field staff competencies, keeping them updated as new competencies emerge. Utilizes feedback from various data sources including customer satisfaction data, consulting leadership staff and peer feedback to develop an educational calendar.
- Establishes a working relationship with staff from The Joint Commission Accreditation & Certification Operations, Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation and Business Development in an effort to plan educational events and secure faculty.
- Oversees and manages a resource library for consultants related to content knowledge and consulting tools in accreditation, quality, patient safety areas and consulting skills.
- Supports Enterprise strategic initiatives such as Safety Culture and Robust Process Improvement through collaboration with Enterprise leadership, the Professional Development Center, and the RPI Team to ensure integration of field staff and comprehensive delivery to all of global consulting.
- Participates on JCR work teams and in other performance improvement activities as appropriate.